Jobs at Loway
Linux system administrator (m/f)
We run a quickly-growing SaaS cloud platform, made by thousands of Java and Clojure web-applications running in Docker containers across hundreds of CentOS Linux instances, processing millions of events per day 24/7/365 for customers located anywhere.
We are building a fully-automated deployment and monitoring environment, with the goal of requiring zero human maintenance to run. Scripting tasks and automating ruthlessly is a must.
The job is mostly based in our main offices in Stabio.
- Operating and enhancing our local and cloud infrastructure
- Definition and costant assessment of service integrity
- Improving service provisioning and its integrations with data providers
- Writing and enhancing technical/process documentation
- Building of monitoring tools to ensure constant service quality
- Managing of back-ups and migrations
- Managing system security
- Facilitating production debugging by the dev team
- Suggesting product improvements to meet above criteria
- High degree of self-initiative, flexibility and ability to work independently and responsibly
- Experience with Docker or running and monitoring Java/JVM web applications
- Experience running and monitoring Linux/CentOS systems
- Comfortable with scripting languages
Extra points for:
- Working knowledge of the German language
- Using Ansible
- AWS / OpenStack / DigitalOcean
- Apache Kafka and ZooKeeper
- Knowledge of HTML and Java, Clojure, Ruby or Go
- Involved with Open-Source projects
Interested? Check our Jobs & Careers page to apply.